Phoenix, AZ: In May, 2009, 19 participants from various cities through the nation convened
at the NeighborWorks Training Institute to learn more on "Building Power Community
Partnerships (CB103)." The goals of the workshop, sponsored by NeighborWorks America,
included the following:
1. Understanding the importance building partnerships
2. Examining the various kinds of partnership models
3. Studying the importance of getting to know your partners, their values, etc.
4. Reviewing the phases of partnerships
5. Identifying strategies for effective partnership planning, communication, and evaluation.
Participants represented the following cities: Durham, NC; Shelby, NC; Sisseton, SD; New
Haven, CT; Burlington, VT; Moab, UT; Louisville, KY; Cleveland, MS; Great Falls, MT;
Roxbury, MA; Lawrence, MA; Elizabeth, NJ; New Britain, CT; Bowling Green, KY; Goshen, IN;
Lexington, KY; South Paris, ME; Los Angeles, CA.
To find out more about NeighborWorks America, visit their website at www.nw.org
Back to Home Page